Seeds!

I found seeds!  Walked into Whole Foods in Tempe, AZ, and what stands before me in the seed section but a display by Native Seed/Search!  At last I live where my favorite seed company actually sells in store.  Now mind you certain plants, I am looking for they don't have, and certain seeds from Native Seed/Search I will have to order as not sold in store, like Navajo Blue Corn.  But a lot I can get right near by.  So happy!

Why am I so big on Native Seed/Search?  For many reasons, among them the fact that they are gathering and protecting Heritage Seeds, Native to the Southwest.  These seeds are drought hardy, desert tested, and very hard to kill off.    Another reason is as they say @ NativeSeeds.Org, "We are a nonprofit organization working to strengthen food security in the Greater Southwest by conserving our region's unique crop diversity and teaching others to do the same."  This is something I can get behind.

~ Morria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Thanksgiving

First Lady of Gothic Gardening: Morticia Addams

What is a Gothic Homesteader?