Gothic Shady Garden?

I have been researching for the past two months "Gothic Plants" especially veggies, herbs, and fruits for the gardens and homesteads out there.  Much to my surprise 2 months in, I have thus far discover over 90 plants, and the numbers are still growing.  Sadly, due to work, my time to researching has been greatly cut, but I am continuing to work on info.  I wonder if anyone has done any books on this yet?  I will have to look into this more closely.

One thing that has caught my eye is Shady Plant growing.  Where we are at now, we do have a large garden we share with family (corn, beans, and potatoes) and pots on the deck, but I am eyeing under the deck for more growing space.  According to my research, beans, broccoli, salad greens, beets, radishes, leafy greens, cauliflower, beans, are good for shade gardens.  In fact, I know beans are, as they grew well in the shade at our rented acre lot last year in New Mexico.

This means one can grow have stunning Deriot Dark Read Beats, Bull's Blood Beets, Black Elephant Kale, Black Tuscany Kale, Red Russian Kale, Lacinato Kale,  Purple Passion Spinach, Red Romaine Lettuce, Mammoth Red Rock Cabbage, Purple Cauliflower, 21 types of Beans,  Purple Plum Radishes, Black Spanish Radishes, French Breakfast Radishes and maybe more   ... now if I only knew what grew well in pots!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Thanksgiving

First Lady of Gothic Gardening: Morticia Addams

What is a Gothic Homesteader?