Indoor Winter Garden

 Gardening inside, that is what I must do if I am to keep growing items past October in the high desert of Northern New Mexico.  Last fall I bought a greenhouse, but for some silly reason I never opened it or used it.  So it safely made the move from Arizona to New Mexico.



A few weeks back, before our first snow on November 5th (a dusting), I moved my Purple Queen Setcreasea and the healthiest of my Purple Sweet Potato Vines inside for the winter.  They joined my Shamrocks and Robby's baby Barrel Cactus inside the greenhouse. Currently, we have no herbs, but I'm looking to fix that.

How did I make it from a plain, boring greenhouse into a "Gothic Greenhouse"?  First, I used purple and black pots for my larger plants for both inside and outside use.  Then I gathered fun items from the Halloween, Day of the Dead, and Party stores, and combined them with a few black dragonflies from last Christmas, giving the greenhouse a whimsically Gothic feel as unqiue as me.  Lastly I placed a black lace shawl over the top of the greenhouse, to finnish it off.

How would you decorate a Gothic Greenhouse, if you made one?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Thanksgiving

First Lady of Gothic Gardening: Morticia Addams

What is a Gothic Homesteader?